Poor bone health is the primary health issue, which leads to significant health problems, stress and worsening the patients' quality of life. The potential of The Trivedi Effect®- Biofield Energy Healing on vitamin D3 as a test item (TI) and DMEM on MG-63 cells was investigated. The test items were treated with The Trivedi Effect® by Mahendra Kumar Trivedi and divided as Biofield Energy Treated (BT) and untreated (UT) test items. An increase in ALP activity, collagen levels, and bone mineralization was considered as the biomarker for bone health. MTT data showed that the test samples observed nontoxic in the tested concentrations. The level of ALP was significantly increased by 832.9% and 209.4% in the UT-DMEM+BT-TI and BT-DMEM+UT-TI groups, respectively at 10 µg/mL, while 222.9% increase in the BT-DMEM+BT-TI at 1 µg/mL compared to the untreated group. Collagen was significantly increased by 487.7% and 544.5% in the BT-DMEM+UT-TI and BT-DMEM+BT-TI groups, respectively at 100 µg/mL, while 116.2% at 1 µg/mL in UT-DMEM+BT-TI compared to the untreated group. Moreover, the percent of bone mineralization was significantly increased in the UT-DMEM+BT-TI and BT-DMEM+UT-TI groups by 344.9% and 149.7%, respectively at 50 µg/mL, while 183.6% in the BT-DMEM+BT-TI group at 100 µg/mL compared to the untreated group. Thus, the role of Biofield Energy Treated vitamin D3 and DMEM in order to control osteoblast function and its direct effects on bone mineralization can be used to improve bone disorders.
Authors are grateful to Dabur Research Foundation, Trivedi Global, Inc., Trivedi Science, Trivedi Testimonials, and Trivedi Master Wellness for their support throughout the work.
1. Lewiecki, E.M. , Osteoporosis: Prevention and Treatment. [Updated 2018 Apr 23]. In: De Groot LJ, Chrousos G, Dungan K, et al., editors. Endotext [Internet]. South Dartmouth (MA): MDText.com, Inc.; 2000
2. Mohamad, N.V. , Soelaiman, I. N. , Chin, K. Y. (2016) A concise review of testosterone and bone health. Clin. Interv. Aging 11: 1317-1324.
3. Lewiecki, E.M. , (2008) Prevention and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis. Obstet. Gynecol. Clin. North. Am. 35(2), 301-315
4. NIH Consensus Development Panel Optimal calcium intake. (1994) JAMA. 272, 1942-8
5. Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine Dietary reference intakes for calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin D, and fluoride. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1997.
6. Winzenberg, T. , Shaw, K. , Fryer, J. , Jones, G. (2006) Effects of calcium supplementation on bone density in healthy children: meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. BMJ. 333, 775
7. Holick, M.F. (1996) Vitamin D and bone health. J. Nutr. 126, 1159S-1164S
8. Laird, E. , Ward, M. , McSorley, E. , Strain, J. J. , Wallace, J. (2010) Vitamin D and bone health: potential mechanisms. Nutrients. 2(7), 693-724
9. Kuo, T.R. , Chen, C. H. (2017) Bone biomarker for the clinical assessment of osteoporosis: recent developments and future perspectives. Biomarker Research. 5, 18
10. Czekanska, E.M. , Stoddart, M. J. , Richards, R. G. , Hayes, J. S. (2012) In search of an osteoblast cell model for in vitro research. Eur. Cell. Mater. 24, 1-17
11. Luo, X.H. , Liao, E. Y. (2003) Effects of estriol on the proliferation and differentiation of human osteoblastic MG-63 cells. Endocrine. Res. 29, 343-351
12. Iba, K. , Takada, J. , Yamashita, T. (2004) The serum level of bone-specific alkaline phosphatase activity is associated with aortic calcification in osteoporosis patients. J. Bone. Miner. Metab. 22, 594-596
13. Viguet-Carrin, S. , Garnero, P. , Delmas, P. D. (2006) The role of collagen in bone strength. Osteoporos. Int. 17, 319-336
14. Bhattarai, T. , Bhattacharya, K. , Chaudhuri, P. , Sengupta, P. (2014) Correlation of common biochemical markers for bone turnover, serum calcium, and alkaline phosphatase in post-menopausal women. Malays. J. Med. Sci. 21, 58-61
15. Rubik, B. (2002) The biofield hypothesis: Its biophysical basis and role in medicine. J. Altern. Complement. Med. 8, 703-717
16. Barnes, P.M. , Bloom, B. , Nahin, R. L. (2007) Complementary and alternative medicine use among adults and children: United States, 2007. Natl. Health. Stat. Report. 12, 1-23
17. Koithan, M. (2009) Introducing complementary and alternative therapies. J. Nurse. Pract. 5,18-20
18. Trivedi, M.K. , Tallapragada, R. M. , Branton, A. , Trivedi, D. , Nayak, G. et al. (2015) Characterization of physical and structural properties of aluminum carbide powder: Impact of biofield treatment. J. Aeronaut. Aerospace. Eng. 4, 142
19. Trivedi, M.K. , Branton, A. , Trivedi, D. , Nayak, G. , Mondal, S. C. et al. (2015) Morphological characterization, quality, yield and DNA fingerprinting of biofield energy treated alphonso mango (Mangifera indica L.). Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences 3, 245-250
20. Trivedi, M.K. , Branton, A. , Trivedi, D. , Nayak, G. , Mondal, S. C. et al. (2015) Trivedi MK, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, Mondal SC, Jana S. Evaluation of plant growth, yield and yield attributes of biofield energy treated mustard (Brassica juncea) and chick pea (Cicer arietinum) seeds. Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries 4, 291-295
21. Trivedi, M.K. , Patil, S. , Shettigar, H. , Mondal, S. C. , Jana, S. (2015) In vitro evaluation of biofield treatment on Enterobacter cloacae: Impact on antimicrobial susceptibility and biotype. J. Bacteriol. Parasitol. 6, 241
22. Trivedi, M.K. , Branton, A. , Trivedi, D. , Nayak, G. , Charan, S. et al. (2015) Phenotyping and 16S rDNA analysis after biofield treatment on Citrobacter braakii: A urinary pathogen. J. Clin. Med. Genom. 3, 129
23. Peoples, J.J. , Trivedi, M. K. , Branton, A. , Trivedi, D. , Nayak, G. et al. (2017) Skin rejuvenating effect of consciousness energy healing treatment based herbomineral formulation. American Journal of Plant Biology 2, 77-87
24. Smith, D.M. , Trivedi, M. K. , Branton, A. , Trivedi, D. , Nayak, G. et al. (2017) Skin protective activity of consciousness energy healing treatment based herbomineral formulation. Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences 5, 86-95
25. Trivedi, M.K. , Branton, A. , Trivedi, D. , Nayak, G. , Plikerd, W. D. et al. (2017) A Systematic study of the biofield energy healing treatment on physicochemical, .thermal, structural, and behavioral properties of magnesium gluconate. International Journal of Bioorganic Chemistry 2, 135-145
26. Trivedi, M.K. , Branton, A. , Trivedi, D. , Nayak, G. , Plikerd, W. D. et al (2017) Chromatographic and spectroscopic characterization of the consciousness energy healing treated Withania Somnifera (ashwagandha) root extract. European Journal of Biophysics 5, 38-47
27. Trivedi, M.K. , Patil, S. , Shettigar, H. , Mondal, S. C. , Jana, S. (2015) The potential impact of biofield treatment on human brain tumor cells: A time-lapse video microscopy. J. Integr. Oncol. 4, 141
28. Trivedi, M.K. , Patil, S. , Shettigar, H. , Gangwar, M. , Jana, S. (2015) In vitro evaluation of biofield treatment on cancer biomarkers involved in endometrial and prostate cancer cell lines. J. Cancer. Sci. Ther. 7, 253-257
29. E. M. Czekanska, E.M. (2011) Assessment of cell proliferation with resazurin-based fluorescent dye. Methods Mol. Biol. 740, 27-32
30. Lauree, A.D.R. , Mahendra, K. T. , Alice, B. , Dahryn, T. , Gopal, N. , et al. (2018) A comparative analysis of vitamin D3 and biofield energy treated vitamin D3 in bone health using MG-63 cell line. Ortho. Surg. Ortho. Care. Int. J. 1(5), OOIJ.000525.2018
31. Biological evaluation of medical devices - Part 5: Tests for in vitro cytotoxicity (ISO 10993-5:2009), I.S.EN ISO, 10993-5:20093.
32. Krista, J.C. , Mahendra, K. T. , Alice, B. , Dahryn, T. , Gopal, N. et al. (2018) Increase in bone mass density and overall bone health following high-impact of biofield energy treated vitamin D3 in mg-63 cell line. Significances Bioeng Biosci. 2(2), SBB.000533
33. Lorraine, M.H. , Mahendra, K. T. , Alice, B. , Dahryn, T. , Gopal, N. et al . (2018) Biofield energy enriched vitamin d3 versus vitamin D3 in preventing fractures and bone loss using MG-63 Cells. Ortho. Res. Online. J. 3(5), OPROJ.000572
34. Balmer, A.J. , Trivedi, M. K. , Branton, A. , Trivedi, D. , Nayak, G. et al. (2018) The effect of vitamin d3 on bone mineralization: influence of consciousness energy healing treatment. J. Community. Med. Public. Health. 135
35. Nudelman, F. , Pieterse, K. , George, A. , Bomans, P. H. , Friedrich, H. (2010) The role of collagen in bone apatite formation in the presence of hydroxyapatite nucleation inhibitors. Nat. Mater. 9, 1004-1009
36. Tomoaia, G. , Pasca, R. D. (2015) On the collagen mineralization. A Review. 88, 15-22
37. Boonrungsiman, S. , Gentleman, E. , Carzaniga, R. , Evans, N. D. , McComb, D. W. (2012) The role of intracellular calcium phosphate in osteoblast-mediated bone apatite formation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 109, 14170-14175
38. Glimcher, M.J. (1984) Recent studies of the mineral phase in bone and its possible linkage to the organic matrix by protein-bound phosphate bonds. Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B. Biol. Sci. 304, 479-508
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Mahendra Kumar Trivedi, Alice Branton, Dahryn Trivedi, Gopal Nayak, Snehasis Jana (2018) Assessment of Biofield Energy Healing Based Vitamin D3 Effects on Bone Health Parameters Using Human Osteoblast Cell Line (MG-63). International Journal of Nutrition - 3(1):1-9.