Antimony sulfide (Sb2S3) has gained extensive attention in solar cells due to their potential as a low-cost and earth abundant absorber material. In solar cell absorber, the optoelectrical properties such as energy band gap and absorption coefficient of Sb2S3 play an important role, which have strong relationships with their crystal structure, lattice parameter and crystallite size.
Hence in the present investigation, Sb2S3 powder samples were exposed to biofield treatment, and further its physical, structural and spectral properties are investigated. The particle size analysis showed larger particle size and surface area after treatment. X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis revealed polycrystalline orthorhombic structure with superior crystallinity in treated Sb2S3 along with significant changes in the lattice parameters, which led to changes in unit cell volume and density. XRD data analysis indicates that crystallite size was increased by around 150% in treated sample. In FT-IR spectra, strong absorption band was observed at 400-700cm-1, which confirms the presence of Sb2S3. Further, the absorption peak intensity in IR spectra was significantly reduced after treatment that was probably due to change in metal sulphur dipolar interaction.
1. Tritt TM (1999) Thermoelectric materials: holey and unholy semiconductors. Science 283: 804-805.
2. Subramanian V, Siilvola E, Colpitts T, O’Quinn B (2001) Thin-film thermo-electric devices with high room-temperature figures of merit. Nature 413: 597-602.
3. Konstantatos G, Levina L, Tang J, Sargent EH (2008) Sensitive solution-processed Bi2S3 nanocrystalline photodetectors. Nano Letters 8: 4002-4006.
4. Rajpure KY, Bhosale CH (2000) Effect of composition on the structural, optical and electrical properties of sprayed Sb2S3 thin films prepared from non-aqueous medium. Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids 61: 561-568.
5. Dutková E, Sayagués MJ (2014) Proceeding of the International conference on mechanochemistry and Mechanical alloying, Poland, 22-26 June 2014. Mechanochemically Synthesized Nanocrystalline Sb2S3 Particles. 126: 943-946
6. Ismaila B, Mushtaqb S, Khan A (2014) Enhanced grain growth in the Sn doped Sb2S3 thin film absorber materials for solar cell applications. Chalcogenide Letters 11: 37-45.
7. Ezema FI, Ekwealor ABC (2007) Optical Properties and Structural Characterizations of Sb2S3 Thin Films Deposited by Chemical Bath Deposition Technique. Turkish Journal of Physics 31: 205-210.
8. Maxwell JC (1865) A dynamical theory of the electromagnetic field. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of Londo 155: 459-512.
9. Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RR (2008) A transcendental to changing metal powder characteristics. Metal Powder Report 63: 22-28, 31.
10. Dabhade VV, Tallapragada RR, Trivedi MK (2009) Effect of external energy on atomic, crystalline and powder characteristics of antimony and bismuth powders. Bulletin of Materials Science 32: 471-479.
11. Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RR (2009) Effect of superconsciousness external energy on atomic, crystalline and powder characteristics of carbon allotrope powders. Materials Research Innovations 13: 473-480.
12. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2012) Thought Intervention through Biofield Changing Metal Powder Characteristics Experiments on Powder Characterisation at a PM Plant. Future Control and Automation 173: 247-252.
13. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2013) Effect of Biofield Treatment on the Physical and Thermal Characteristics of Vanadium Pentoxide Powders. Journal of Material Sciences and Engineering S11:001.
14. Trivedi MK, Patil S, and Tallapragada RM (2013) Effect of bio field treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of Silicon, Tin and Lead powders. Journal of Material Sciences and Engineering 2: 125.
15. Trivedi MK, Patil S, and Tallapragada RM (2014) Atomic, Crystalline and Powder Characteristics of Treated Zirconia and Silica Powders. Journal of Material Sciences and Engineering 3: 144.
16. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RMR (2015) Effect of Biofield Treatment on the Physical and Thermal Characteristics of Aluminium Powders. Ind Eng Manage 4: 151.
17. Shinde V, Sances F, Patil S, Spence A (2012) Impact of Biofield Treatment on Growth and Yield of Lettuce and Tomato. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences 6: 100-105.
18. Sances F, Flora E, Patil S, Spence A, Shinde V (2013) Impact of Biofield Treatment on Ginseng and Organic Blueberry Yield. AGRIVITA Journal of Agricultural Science 35.
19. Lenssen AW (2013) Biofield and Fungicide Seed Treatment Influences on Soybean Productivity, Seed Quality and Weed Community. Agricultural Journal 8: 138-143.
20. Trivedi M, Patil S (2008) Impact of an external energy on Staphylococcus epidermis [ATCC -13518] in relation to antibiotic susceptibility and biochemical reactions - An experimental study. Journal of Accord Integrative Medicine 4: 230-235.
21. Trivedi M, Patil S (2008) Impact of an external energy on Yersinia enterocolitica [ATCC -23715] in relation to antibiotic susceptibility and biochemical reactions: An experimental study. The Internet Journal of Alternative Medicine 6.
22. Trivedi M, Bhardwaj Y, Patil S, Shettigar H., Bulbule A (2009) Impact of an external energy on Enterococcus faecalis [ATCC-51299] in relation to antibiotic susceptibility and biochemical reactions-An experimental study. Journal of Accord Integrative Medicine 5: 119-130.
23. Patil SA, Nayak GB, Barve SS, Tembe RP, Khan RR (2012) Impact of Biofield Treatment on Growth and Anatomical Characteristics of Pogostemon cablin (Benth.). Biotechnology 11: 154-162.
24. Altekar N, Nayak G (2015) Effect of Biofield Treatment on Plant Growth and Adaptation. Journal of environment and health sciences 1: 1-9.
25. Yu SH, Shu L, Wu YS, Qian YT, Xie Y, et al. (1998) Benzene-thermal synthesis and characterization of ultra-fine powders of antimony sulphide. Materials Research Bulletin 33: 1207-1211.
26. Subramanian S, Chithralekha P, Pathinettam PD (2010) Enhanced electrical response in Sb2S3 thin films by the inclusion of polyaniline during electrodeposition. Physica B 405: 925-931.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Trivedi MK, Nayak G, Patil S, Tallapragada RM, Latiyal O (2015) Impact of Biofield Treatment on Physical, Structural and Spectral Properties of Antimony Sulfide. Ind Eng Manage 4:165. doi:10.4172/2169-0316.1000165