In Mn3O4, the crystal structure, dislocation density, particle size and spin of the electrons plays crucial role in modulating its magnetic properties. Present study investigates impact of Biofield treatment on physical and atomic properties of Mn3O4. X-ray diffraction revealed the significant effect of biofield on lattice parameter, unit cell volume, molecular weight, crystallite sizes and densities of treated Mn3O4. XRD analysis confirmed that crystallinity was enhanced and dislocation density was effectively reduced by 80%. FTIR spectroscopic analysis revealed that Mn-O bond strength was significantly altered by biofield treatment. Electronic spin resonance analysis showed higher g-factor of electron in treated Mn3O4 as compared to control, along with altered spin-spin atomic interaction of Mn with other mixed valance states. Additionally, ESR study affirmed higher magnetization behaviour of the treated Mn3O4. The results demonstrated that treated Mn3O4 ceramic could be used as an excellent material for fabrication of novel magnetic data storage devices.
1. Rao CNR (1989) Transition Metal Oxides. Annual Review of Physical Chemistry 40: 291-326.
2. Han YF, Chen F, Zhong Z, Ramesh K, Chen L , et al. (2007) Preparation of nanosized Mn3O4/SBA-15 catalyst for complete oxidation of low concentration EtOH in aqueous solution with H2O2. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 76: 227-234.
3. Wang H, Li Z, Yang J, Li Q, Zhong X (2009) A novel activated mesocarbon microbead (aMCMB)/Mn3O4 composite for electrochemical capacitors in organic electrolyte. Journal of Power Sources 194: 1218-1221.
4. Pasero D, Reeves N, West AR (2005) Co-doped Mn3O4 a possible anode material for lithium batteries. Journal of Power Sources 141: 156-158.
5. Einaga H, Futamura S (2004) Catalytic Oxidation of Benzene with Ozone over Alumina-supported Manganese Oxides. Journal of Catalysis 227: 304-312.
6. Yamashita T, Vannice A(1997) Temperature-programmed desorption of no adsorbed on Mn2O3 and Mn3O4. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 13: 141-155
7. Gorbenko OY, Graboy IE, Amelichev VA, Bosak AA, Kaul AR (2002) The structure and properties of Mn3O4 thin films grown by MOCVD. Solid State Communications 124: 15-20.
8. Zhang X, Yu P, Zhang D (2013) Room temperature synthesis of Mn3O4 nanoparticles: characterization, electrochemical properties and hydrothermal transformation to g- MnO2 nanorods. Materials Letters 92: 401-404.
9. Shrividhya T, Ravi G, Mahalingam T, Hayakawa Y (2014) Synthesis and Study on Structural, Morphological and Magnetic properties of nanocrystalline Manganese Oxide. International Journal of Science and Engineering Applications.
10. Li G, Tang X, Lou S, Zhou S (2014) Large enhancement of ferromagnetism by Cr doping in Mn3O4 nanowires. Applied Physics Letters 104: 173105.
11. Li P, Nan C, Wei Z, Lu J, Peng Q, et al. (2010) Mn3O4 Nanocrystals: Facile Synthesis, Controlled Assembly, and Application. Chemistry of Material 22: 4232-4236.
12. Rohani T, Entezari MH (2012) A novel approach for the synthesis of superparamagnetic Mn3O4 nanocrystal by ultrasonic bath. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry 19 : 560-569.
13. Chang YQ, Yu DP, Long Y, Xu J, Luo XH, et al. (2005) Large-scale fabrication of single-crystalline Mn3O4 nanowires via vapor phase growth. Journal of Crystal Growth 279: 88-92.
14. Zhang Y, Qiao T, Yahu X (2004) Preparation of Mn3O4 nanocrystallites by low-temperature solvothermal treatment of γ-MnOOH nanowires. Journal of Solid State Chemistry 177: 4093-4097.
15. Zhang W, Yang Z, Liu Y, Tang S, Han X, et al. (2004) Controlled synthesis of Mn3O4 nanocrystallites and MnOOH nanorods by a solvothermal method. Journal of Crystal Growth 263: 394-399.
16. Daniel E (2012) Novel Synthesis of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles via the Aminolytic Method and the Investigation of Their Magnetic Properties, Georgia Institute of Technology.
17. Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RR (2008) A transcendental to changing metal powder characteristics. Metal Powder Report 63: 22-28
18. Dabhade VV, Tallapragada RR, Trivedi MK (2009) Effect of external energy on atomic, crystalline and powder characteristics of antimony and bismuth powders. Bulletin of Materials Science 32: 471-479
19. Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RR (2009) Effect of superconsciousness external energy on atomic, crystalline and powder characteristics of carbon allotrope powders. Materials Research Innovations 13: 473-480.
20. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2012) Thought Intervention through Biofield Changing Metal Powder Characteristics Experiments on Powder Characterisation at a PM Plant. Future Control and Automation 173: 247-252.
21. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2013) Effect of Biofield Treatment on the Physical and Thermal Characteristics of Vanadium Pentoxide Powders. Journal of Material Sciences and Engineering S11: 001.
22. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2013) Effect of bio field treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of Silicon, Tin and Lead powders. Journal of Material Sciences and Engineering 2: 125.
23. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2014) Atomic, Crystalline and Powder Characteristics of Treated Zirconia and Silica Powders. Journal of Material Sciences & Engineering 3: 144.
24. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RMR (2015) Effect of Biofield Treatment on the Physical and Thermal Characteristics of Aluminium Powders. Ind Eng Manage 4: 151.
25. Shinde V, Sances F, Patil S, Spence A (2012) Impact of Biofield Treatment on Growth and Yield of Lettuce and Tomato. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences 6: 100-105.
26. Sances F, Flora E, Patil S, Spence A, Shinde V (2013) Impact of Biofield Treatment On Ginseng And Organic Blueberry Yield. AGRIVITA Journal of Agricultural Science 35.
27. Lenssen AW (2013) Biofield and Fungicide Seed Treatment Influences on Soybean Productivity, Seed Quality and Weed Community. Agricultural Journal 8: 138-143.
28. Patil SA, Nayak GB, Barve SS, Tembe RP, Khan RR (2012) Impact of Biofield Treatment on Growth and Anatomical Characteristics of Pogostemon cablin (Benth.). Biotechnology 11: 154-162.
29. Altekar N, Nayak G (2015) Effect of Biofield Treatment on Plant Growth and Adaptation. Journal of Environment and Health sciences 1: 1-9.
30. Trivedi M, Patil S (2008) Impact of an external energy on Staphylococcus epidermis [ATCC-13518] in relation to antibiotic susceptibility and biochemical reactions-An experimental study. Journal of Accord Integrative Medicine 4: 230-235.
31. Trivedi M, Patil S (2008) Impact of an external energy on Yersinia enterocolitica [ATCC -23715] in relation to antibiotic susceptibility and biochemical reactions: An experimental study. The Internet Journal of Alternative Medicine 6.
32. Trivedi M, Bhardwaj Y, Patil S, Shettigar H, Bulbule A (2009) Impact of an external energy on Enterococcus faecalis [ATCC-51299] in relation to antibiotic susceptibility and biochemical reactions-An experimental study. Journal of Accord Integrative Medicine 5: 119-130.
33. Sherin JS, Thomas JK, Suthagar J (2014) Combustion Synthesis and Magnetic Studies of Hausmannite, Mn3O4, nanoparticles. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development 10: 34-41.
34. Dhaouadi H, Ghodbane O, Hosni F, Touati F (2012) Mn3O4 Nanoparticles: Synthesis, Characterization, and Dielectric Properties. International Scholarly Research Network ISRN Spectroscopy 1-8.
35. Winkler E, Zysler R (2004) Surface and magnetic interaction effects in Mn3O4 nanoparticles. Physical Review B 70: 174406.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Trivedi MK, Nayak G, Patil S, Tallapragada RM, Latiyal O (2015) Evaluation of Biofield Treatment on Physical, Atomic and Structural Characteristics of Manganese (II, III) Oxide. J Material Sci Eng 4: 177. doi: 10.4172/2169- 0022.1000177