Magnesium (Mg), present in every cell of all living organisms, is an essential nutrient and primarily responsible for catalytic reaction of over 300 enzymes. The aim of present study was to evaluate the effect of biofield treatment on atomic and physical properties of magnesium powder. Magnesium powder was divided into two parts denoted as control and treatment. Control part was remained as untreated and treatment part received biofield treatment. Both control and treated magnesium samples were characterized using X-ray diffraction (XRD), surface area and particle size analyzer. XRD data showed that biofield treatment has altered the lattice parameter, unit cell volume, density, atomic weight, and nuclear charge per unit volume of treated magnesium powder, as compared to control. In addition, the crystallite size of treated magnesium was significantly reduced up to 16.70, 16.70, and 28.59% on day 7, 41 and 63 respectively as compared to control. Besides this, the surface area of treated magnesium powder was increased by 36.5 and 10.72% on day 6 and 72 respectively, whereas it was reduced by 32.77% on day 92 as compared to control. In addition, biofield treatment has also altered the particle sizes d10, d50, and d99 (size, below which 10, 50, and 99% particles were present, respectively) as compared to control. Overall, data suggest that biofield treatment has substantially altered the atomic and physical properties of treated magnesium powder.
1. Erdman JW (2012) Present knowledge in nutrition. (10thedn). John Wiley & Sons.
2. Maria-Jose M (2008) Chlorophylls – from functionality in food to health relevance. 5th pigments in food congress- for quality and health. University of Helsinki.
3. Fine KD, Ana CAS, Porter JL, Fordtran JS (1991) Intestinal absorption of magnesium from food and supplements. J Clin Invest 88: 396-402.
4. Gums JG (2004) Magnesium in cardiovascular and other disorders. Ame J Health Syst Pharm 61: 1569-1576.
5. Purvis JR, Movahed A (1992) Magnesium disorders and cardiovascular diseases. Clin Cardiol 5: 556-568.
6. Sales CH, Lde FP (2006) Magnesium and diabetes mellitus: their relation. Clin Nutr 25: 554-562.
7. Guerrero-Romero F, Rodriguez-Moran M (2006) Hypomagnesemia, oxidative stress, inflammation, and metabolic syndrome. Diabetes Metab Res Rev 22: 471-476.
8. Chereson R (2009) Bioavailability, bioequivalence, and drug selection. In: Makoid CM, Vuchetich PJ, Banakar UV (eds) Basic pharmacokinetics (1stedn) Pharmaceutical Press, London.
9. Herbert K, Thomas W, Peter M, Harald A, Klaus H, et al. (1998) Magnesium sulfate reduces intra- and postoperative analgesic requirements. AnesthAnalg 87: 206-210.
10. Gurley BJ, Wang P, Gardner SF (1998) Ephedrine-type alkaloid content of nutritional supplements containing Ephedra sinica (ma-huang) as determined by high performance liquid chromatography. J Pharm Sci 87: 1547-1553.
11. Maruyama K, Katagiri T (1989) Mechanism of the Grignard reaction. J Phys Org Chem 2: 205-213.
12. Zahra M, Farsi M (2009) Biofield therapies: Biophysical basis and biological regulations. Complement Ther Clin Pract 15: 35-37.
13. Maxwell JC (1865) A dynamical theory of the electromagnetic field. Phil Trans R SocLond 155: 459-512.
14. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2012) Thought intervention through biofield changing metal powder characteristics experiments on powder characteristics at a PM plant. Future Control and Automation LNEE 173: 247-252.
15. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2015) Effect of biofield treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of aluminium powders. Ind Eng Manage 4: 151.
16. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2013) Effect of biofield treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of silicon, tin and lead powders. J Material Sci Eng 2: 125.
17. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2013) Effect of biofield treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of vanadium pentoxide powder. J Material Sci Eng S11: 001.
18. Trivedi MK, Nayak G, Patil S, Tallapragada RM, Latiyal O (2015) Studies of the atomic and crystalline characteristics of ceramic oxide nano powders after biofield treatment. Ind Eng Manage 4: 161.
19. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Gangwar M, Jana S (2015) Antimicrobial sensitivity pattern of Pseudomonas fluorescens after biofield treatment. J Infect Dis Ther 3: 222.
20. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Bairwa K, Jana S (2015) Phenotypic and biotypic characterization of Klebsiellaoxytoca: An impact of biofield treatment. J Microb Biochem Technol 7: 203-206.
21. Mahendra KT, Shrikant P, Harish S, Mayank G, Jana S (2015) An effect of biofield treatment on Multidrug-resistant Burkholderiacepacia: A multihost pathogen. J Trop Dis 3: 167.
22. Patil S, Nayak GB, Barve SS, Tembe RP, Khan RR (2012) Impact of biofield treatment on growth and anatomical characteristics of Pogostemoncablin (Benth). Biotechnology 11: 154-162.
23. Altekar N, Nayak G (2015) Effect of biofield treatment on plant growth and adaptation. J Environ Health Sci 1: 1-9.
24. Shinde V, Sances F, Patil S, Spence A (2012) Impact of biofield treatment on growth and yield of lettuce and tomato. Aust J Basic Appl Sci 6: 100-105.
25. Lenssen AW (2013) Biofield and fungicide seed treatment influences on soybean productivity, seed quality and weed community. Agricultural Journal 8: 138-143.
26. Sances F, Flora E, Patil S, Spence A, Shinde V (2013) Impact of biofield treatment on ginseng and organic blueberry yield. Agrivita J Agric Sci 35.
27. Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RM (2008) A transcendental to changing metal powder characteristics. Met Powder Rep 63: 22-28, 31.
28. Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RM (2009) Effect of superconsciousness external energy on atomic, crystalline and powder characteristics of carbon allotrope powders. Mater Res Innov 13: 473-480.
29. Narlikar JV (1993) Introduction to cosmology. (2ndedn), Jones and Bartlett Inc., Cambridge University Press.
30. Raza K, Kumar P, Ratan S, Malik R, Arora S (2014) Polymorphism: The phenomenon affecting the performance of drugs. SOJ Pharm Pharm Sci 1: 10.
31. Torrado G, Fraile S, Torrado S, Torrado S (1998) Process-induced crystallite size and dissolution changes elucidated by a variety of analytical methods. Int J Pharm 166: 55-63.
32. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2014) Atomic, crystalline and powder characteristics of treated zirconia and silica powders. J Material Sci Eng 3: 144.
33. Dokoumetzidis A, Macheras P (2006) A century of dissolution research: From Noyes and Whitney to the biopharmaceutics classification system. Int J Pharm 321: 1-11.
34. Dhabade VV, Tallapragada RM, Trivedi MK (2009) Effect of external energy on atomic, crystalline and powder characteristics of antimony and bismuth powders. Bull Mater Sci 32: 471-479.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RM, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, et al. (2015) Potential Impact of Biofield Treatment on Atomic and Physical Characteristics of Magnesium. Vitam Miner 3: 129. doi:10.4172/2376-1318.1000129