Aluminium carbide (Al4C3) has gained extensive attention due to its abrasive and creep resistance properties. Aim of the present study was to evaluate the impact of biofield treatment on physical and structural properties of Al4C3 powder. The Al4C3 powder was divided into two parts i.e. control and treated. Control part was remained as untreated and treated part received biofield treatment. Subsequently, control and treated Al4C3 samples were characterized using X-ray diffraction (XRD), surface area analyser and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR). XRD data revealed that lattice parameter and unit cell volume of treated Al4C3 samples were increased by 0.33 and 0.66% respectively, as compared to control. The density of treated Al4C3 samples was reduced upto 0.65% as compared to control. In addition, the molecular weight and crystallite size of treated Al4C3 samples were increased upto 0.66 and 249.53% respectively as compared to control. Furthermore, surface area of treated Al4C3 sample was increased by 5% as compared to control. The FT-IR spectra revealed no significant change in absorption peaks of treated Al4C3 samples as compared to control. Thus, XRD and surface area results suggest that biofield treatment has substantially altered the physical and structural properties of treated Al4C3 powder.
1. Greenwood NN, Earnshaw A (1997) Chemistry of the Elements. Butterworth-Heinemann.
2. Ji C, Ma Y, Chyu MC, Knudson R, Zhu H (2009) X-ray diffraction study of aluminum carbide powder to 50 GPa. J App Phys 106: 083511.
3. Zhu SJ, Peng LM, Zhou Q, Ma ZY, Kucharova K, et al. (1998) Creep behaviour of aluminium strengthened by fine aluminium carbide particles and reinforced by silicon carbide particulates DS Al-SiC/Al4C3 composites. Mater Sci Eng A 268: 236-245.
4. Zahra M, Farsi M (2009) Biofield therapies: Biophysical basis and biological regulations. Complement Ther Clin Pract 15: 35-37.
5. Maxwell JC (1865) A dynamical theory of the electromagnetic field. Phil Trans R Soc Lond 155: 459-512.
6. Aldridge D (1991) Spirituality healing and medicine. Br J Gen Pract 41: 425-427
7. Hok J, Tishelman C, Ploner A, Forss A, Falkenberg T (2008) Mapping patterns of complementary and alternative medicine use in cancer: An explorative cross-sectional study of individuals with reported positive exceptional experiences. BMC Complement Altern Med 8: 48.
8. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2012) Thought intervention through bio field changing metal powder characteristics experiments on powder characteristics at a PM plant. Future Control and Automation LNEE 173: 247-252.
9. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2015) Effect of biofield treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of aluminium powders. Ind Eng Manage 4: 151.
10. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2013) Effect of biofield treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of silicon, tin and lead powders. J Material Sci Eng 2: 125.
11. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2013) Effect of biofield treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of vanadium pentoxide powder. J Material Sci Eng S11: 001.
12. Trivedi MK, Nayak G, Patil S, Tallapragada RM, Latiyal O (2015) Studies of the atomic and crystalline characteristics of ceramic oxide nano powders after bio field treatment. Ind Eng Manage 4: 161.
13. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Gangwar M, Jana S (2015) Antimicrobial sensitivity pattern of Pseudomonas fluorescens after biofield treatment. J Infect Dis Ther 3: 222.
14. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Bairwa K, Jana S (2015) Phenotypic and biotypic characterization of Klebsiella oxytoca: An impact of biofield treatment. J Microb Biochem Technol 7: 203-206.
15. Patil S, Nayak GB, Barve SS, Tembe RP, Khan RR (2012) Impact of biofield treatment on growth and anatomical characteristics of Pogostemon cablin (Benth). Biotechnology 11: 154-162.
16. Nayak G, Altekar N (2015) Effect of biofield treatment on plant growth and adaptation. J Environ Health Sci 1: 1-9.
17. Shinde V, Sances F, Patil S, Spence A (2012) Impact of biofield treatment on growth and yield of lettuce and tomato. Aust J Basic and Appl Sci 6: 100-105.
18. Lenssen AW (2013) Biofield and fungicide seed treatment influences on soybean productivity, seed quality and weed community. Agricultural Journal 8: 138-143.
19. Sances F, Flora E, Patil S, Spence A, Shinde V (2013) Impact of biofield treatment on ginseng and organic blueberry yield. Agrivita J Agric Sci 35.
20. Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RM (2008) A transcendental to changing metal powder characteristics. Met Powder Rep 63: 22-28, 31.
21. Trivedi MK, Nayak G, Tallapragada RM, Patil S, Latiyal O, et al. (2015) Effect of biofield treatment on structural and morphological properties of silicon carbide. J Powder Metall Min 4: 1.
22. Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RM (2009) Effect of super consciousness external energy on atomic, crystalline and powder characteristics of carbon allotrope powders. Mater Res Innov 13: 473-480.
23. Soboyejo W (2002) Mechanical properties of engineered materials. CRC press.
24. Daymond MR, Bourke MAM, Dreele RBV, Clausen B, Lorentzen T (1997) Use of Rietveld refinement for elastic macrostrain determination and for evaluation of plastic strain history from diffraction spectra. J Appl Phys 82: 1554-1562.
25. Narlikar JV (1993) Introduction to cosmology. (2nd edn), Jones and Bartlett Inc Cambridge University Press.
26. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2014) Atomic crystalline and powder characteristics of treated zirconia and silica powders. J Material Sci Eng 3: 144
27. Dhabade VV, Tallapragada RM, Trivedi MK (2009) Effect of external energy on atomic, crystalline and powder characteristics of antimony and bismuth powders. Bull Mater Sci 32: 471-479.
28. Chawla KK (1999) Mechanical Behavior of Materials. (1st edn) Prentice Hall.
29. Lu L, Sui ML, Lu K (2000) Superplastic extensibility of nanocrystalline copper at room temperature. Science 287: 1463-1466.
30. Yamakova V, Wolfa D, Phillpota SR, Gleiterb H (2002) Grain-boundary diffusion creep in nanocrystalline palladium by molecular-dynamics simulation. Acta Materialia 50: 61-73.
31. Sha JJ, Nozawa T, Park JS, Katoh Y, Kohyama A (2004) Effect of heat treatment on the tensile strength and creep resistance of advanced SiC fibers. J Nucl Mater 329: 592-596.
32. Sherby OD, Taleff EM (2002) Influence of grain size solute atoms and second-phase particles on creep behavior of polycrystalline solids. Mater Sci Eng A322: 89-99.
33. Meyer FD, Hillebrecht H (1998) Synthesis and crystal structures of ternary phases in the system Al/C/N. European Crystallographic Meeting. Praha, Czech Republic.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RM, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, et al. (2015) Characterization of Physical and Structural Properties of Aluminium Carbide Powder: Impact of Biofield Treatment. J Aeronaut Aerospace Eng 4: 142. doi:10.4172/2168-9792.1000142
Mahendra Kumar Trivedi; Rama Mohan Tallapragada; Alice Branton; Dahryn Trivedi; Gopal Nayak; Omprakash Latiyal; Snehasis Jana (2019), "Characterization of Physical and Structural Properties of Aluminium Carbide Powder: Impact of Biofield Treatment," https://diagrid.org/resources/1323.