3-Chloro-4-fluoroaniline (CFA) is used as an intermediate for the synthesis of pharmaceutical compounds. The objective of this study was to investigate the influence of biofield energy treatment on the physical, thermal and spectral properties of CFA. The study was performed in two groups (control and treated). The control group remained as untreated, and the treated group received Mr. Trivedi’s biofield energy treatment. The control and treated CFA samples were further characterized by x-ray diffraction (XRD), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy, and ultra violet-visible spectroscopy (UV-vis) analysis. The XRD analysis of treated CFA showed significant changes in the intensity of peaks as compared to the control. However, the average crystallite size (G) was significantly decreased by 22.08% in the treated CFA with respect to the control. The DSC analysis showed slight decrease in the melting temperature of treated CFA (47.56°C) as compared to the control (48.05°C). However, the latent heat of fusion in the treated sample was considerably changed by 4.28% with respect to the control. TGA analysis showed increase in maximum thermal decomposition temperature (Tmax) of the treated sample (163.34°C) as compared to the control sample (159.97°C). Moreover the onset temperature of treated CFA (148 °C) was also increased as compared to the control sample (140°C). Additionally, the weight loss of the treated sample was reduced (42.22%) with respect to the control (56.04%) that may be associated with increase in thermal stability. The FT-IR spectroscopic evaluation showed emergence of one new peak at 3639 cm-1 and alteration of the N-H (stretching and bending) peak in the treated sample as compared to the control. Overall, the result demonstrated that Mr. Trivedi’s biofield energy treatment has paramount influence on the physical, thermal and spectral properties of CFA.
1. Brycki B, Kowalczyk I, Werner J, Borowiak T, Wolska I, et al. (2006) Polyamines. I. Spectroscopic properties of N,N-bis-(phthalimidopropyl)-N-propylamine and supramolecular interactions in its crystals. J Mol Struct 791: 137-143.
2. Ranganathan A, Pedireddi VR, Rao CNR (1999) Hydrothermal synthesis of organic channel structures: 1:1 hydrogen-bonded adducts of melamine with cyanuric and trithiocyanuric acids. J Am Chem Soc 121: 1752-1753.
3. Boogaard PJ, Beulink GD, van Sittert NJ (1994) Biological monitoring of exposure to 3-chloro-4-fluoroaniline by determination of a urinary metabolite and a hemoglobin adduct. Environ Health Perspect 102 Suppl 6: 23-25.
4. Troy DB, Beringer P (2006) Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
5. Vardanyan R, Hruby V (2006) Synthesis of Essential Drugs. Elsevier, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
6. Blessy M, Patel RD, Prajapati PN, Agrawal YK (2014) Development of forced degradation and stability indicating studies of drugs- A review. J Pharm Anal 4: 159-165.
7. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2013) Effect of biofield treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of silicon, tin and lead powders. J Material Sci Eng 2: 125.
8. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RMR (2015) Effect of biofield treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of aluminium powders. Ind Eng Manag 4: 151.
9. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Tallapragada RM (2013) Effect of biofield treatment on the physical and thermal characteristics of vanadium pentoxide powder. J Material Sci Eng S11: 001.
10. Trivedi MK, Nayak G, Patil S, Tallapragada RM, Jana S, et al. (2015) Bio-field treatment: An effective strategy to improve the quality of beef extract and meat infusion powder. J Nutr Food Sci 5: 389.
11. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Bairwa K, Jana S (2015) Effect of biofield treatment on spectral properties of paracetamol and piroxicam. Chem Sci J 6: 98.
12. Barnes PM, Powell-Griner E, McFann K, Nahin RL (2004) Complementary and alternative medicine use among adults: United States, 2002. Adv Data: 1-19.
13. Aldridge D (1991) Spirituality, healing and medicine. Br J Gen Pract 41: 425-427.
14. Springhouse (1998) Nurses handbook of complementary and alternative therapies. (2nd edn), Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
15. Rivera-Ruiz M, Cajavilca C, Varon J (2008) Einthoven's string galvanometer: the first electrocardiograph. Tex Heart Inst J 35: 174-178.
16. Movaffaghi Z, Farsi M (2009) Biofield therapies: biophysical basis and biological regulations? Complement Ther Clin Pract 15: 35-37.
17. Neuman MR (2000) Biopotential electrodes. The biomedical engg handbook: (2nd edn), Boca Raton: CRC Press LLC.
18. Shinde V, Sances F, Patil S, Spence A (2012) Impact of biofield treatment on growth and yield of lettuce and tomato. Aust J Basic Appl Sci 6: 100-105.
19. Sances F, Flora E, Patil S, Spence A, Shinde V, et al. (2013) Impact of biofield treatment on ginseng and organic blueberry yield. Agrivita J Agric Sci 35: 22-29.
20. Patil SA, Nayak GB, Barve SS, Tembe RP, Khan RR, et al. (2012) Impact of biofield treatment on growth and anatomical characteristics of Pogostemon cablin (Benth.). Biotechnology 11: 154-162.
21. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Bairwa K, Jana S, et al. (2015) Phenotypic and biotypic characterization of Klebsiella oxytoca: An impact of biofield treatment. J Microb Biochem Technol 7: 203-206.
22. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Gangwar M, Jana S, et al. (2015) An effect of biofield treatment on multidrug-resistant Burkholderia cepacia: A multihost pathogen. J Trop Dis 3: 167.
23. Pavia DL, Lampman GM, Kriz GS (2001) Introduction to spectroscopy. (3rd edn), Thomson Learning, Singapore.
24. Zhao Z, Du L, Tan Z (2014) Influence of electrodeposited crystallite size on interfacial adhesion strength of electroformed layers. Micro Nano Lett 9: 73-76.
25. Schicker S, Garcia DE, Gorlov I, Janssen R, Claussen N, et al. (1999) Wet milling of Fe/Al/Al2O3 and Fe2O3/Al/Al2O3 powder mixtures. J Am Ceram Soc 82: 2607-2612.
26. Muslimin M, Meor Yusoff MS (2009) The effect of high-energy milling on the crystallite size of alumina. JNRT 6: 95-102.
27. Mahmoud AE, Wasly HS, Doheim MA (2014) Studies of crystallite size and lattice strain in Al-Al2O3 powders produced by high-energy mechanical milling. J Eng Sci 42: 1430-1439.
28. Chaudhary AL, Sheppard DA, Paskevicius M, Webb CJ, Gray EM, et al. (2014) Mg2Si nanoparticle synthesis for high pressure hydrogenation. J Phys Chem C 118: 1240-1247.
29. Chaudhary AL, Sheppard DA, Paskevicius M, Saunders M, Buckley C (2014) Mechanochemical synthesis of amorphous silicon nanoparticles. R Soc Chem Adv 42: 21979-21983.
30. Chaudhary AL, Sheppard DA, Paskevicius M, Pistidda, C, Dornheim M, et al. (2015) Reaction kinetic behaviour with relation to crystallite/grain size dependency in the Mg–Si–H system. Acta Mater 95: 244-253.
31. Szabo L, Cik G, Lensy J (1996) Thermal stability increase of doped poly (3-hexadecylthiophene) by γ-radiation. Synt Met 78: 149-153.
33. Cinarli A, Gurbuz D, Tavman A, Birteksoz AS (2011) Synthesis, spectral characterizations and antimicrobial activity of some schiff bases of 4-chloro-2-aminophenol. Bull Chem Soc Ethiop 25: 407-417.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RM, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, et al. (2015) Biofield Energy Treatment: A Potential Strategy for Modulating Physical, Thermal and Spectral Properties of 3-Chloro-4-fluoroaniline. J Thermodyn Catal 6: 151. doi:10.4172/2157-7544.1000151
Mahendra Kumar Trivedi; Rama Mohan Tallapragada; Alice Branton; Dahryn Trivedi; Gopal Nayak; Rakesh Kumar Mishra; Snehasis Jana (2019), "Biofield Energy Treatment: A Potential Strategy for Modulating Physical, Thermal and Spectral Properties of 3-Chloro-4-fluoroaniline," https://diagrid.org/resources/1519.