Quantum mechanics was developed when human energies of consciousness were found to influence observations at the scale of elementary particles, here referred as non-contact biofield treat-ment or biofield energies. Quantum mechanics has also proved ef-ficacious in biological processes. The present experiments found an enhanced and significant impact of the biofield treatment on adaptive micropropagation response and callus induction of two plant spe-cies, Withania somnifera and Amaranthus dubius. The enhancement was perhaps due to greater focus on adaptation rather than specific mechanisms, showing high potential including at biochemical and genetic levels. Possible reasons for the enhancement are discussed and a possible model is presented, consistent with current scientific theory.
1. Dunne, B.J., Jahn, R.G. Consciousness, information, and living sys-tems. (2005) Cell Mol Biol 51: 703-714.
2. Trivedi, M.K., Tallapragada, R.M. A transcendental to changing met-al powder characteristics. (2008) Metal Powder Rep 63(9): 22-28, 31.
3. Trivedi, M.K., Patil, S. Impact of an external energy on Yersinia enterocolitica [ATCC -23715] in relation to antibiotic susceptibility and biochemical reactions: An experimental study. (2008) The Internet Journal of Alternative Medicine. 6(2)
4. Trivedi, M.K., Bhardwaj, Y., Patil, S., et al. Impact of an external energy on Enterococcus faecalis [ATCC - 51299] in relation to antibi-otic susceptibility and biochemical reactions - An experimental study. (2009) J Accord Integrative Medicine 5(2): 119-130.
5. Dabhade, V.V., Trivedi, M.K., Tallapragada, R.M. Effect of external energy on the atomic, crystalline, and powder characteristics of antimo-ny and bismuth powders. (2009) Bull Mater Sci 32(5): 471-479.
6. Trivedi, M.K., Tallapragada, R.M. Effect of superconsciousness ex-ternal energy on atomic, crystalline and powder characteristics of car-bon allotrope powders. (2009) Mater Res Innovat 13(4): 473-480.
7. Trivedi, M.K., Patil, S., Tallapragada, R.M. Effect of bio field treat-ment on the physical and thermal characteristics of vanadium pentoxide powders. (2013) J Mater Sci Eng Sll: 001.
8. Trivedi, M.K., Patil, S.,Tallapragada, R.M. Effect of bio field treat-ment on the physical and thermal characteristics of Silicon, Tin and Lead powders. (2013) J Material Sci Eng 2: 125.
9. Trivedi, M.K., Patil, S.,Tallapragada, R.M. Atomic, Crystalline and Powder Characteristics of Treated Zirconia and Silica Powders (2014) J Material Sci Eng 3: 144
10. Patil, S.A., Nayak, G.B., Barve, S.S., et al. Impact of biofield treat-ment on growth and anatomical characteristics of Pogostemon cablin (Benth). (2012) Biotechnology 11(3): 154-162.
11. Rubik, B. The biofield hypothesis: its biophysical basis and role in medicine. (2002) J Altem Compl Med. 8(6): 703-717.
12. Lenssen, A.W. Biofield and fungicide seed treatment influences on soybean productivity, seed quality and weed community. (2013) Agric J 8(3): 138-143.
13. Shinde, V., Sances, F., Patil, S., et al. Impact of biofield treatment on growth and yield of lettuce and tomato. (2012) Aus J Basic Appl Sci 6(10): 100-105.
14. Sances, F., Flora, E., Patil, S., et al. Impact of Biofield Treatment On Ginseng And Organic Blueberry Yield. (2013) AGRIVITA, Journal of Agricultural Science 35(1)
15. Trivedi, M.K., Patil, S. Impact of an external energy on Staphylo-coccus epidermis [ATCC -13518] in relation to antibiotic susceptibility and biochemical reactions - An experimental study. (2008) Journal of Accord Integrative Medicine 4(4): 230-235.
16. Engel, G.S., Calhoun, T.R., Read, E.L., et al. Evidence for wavelike energy transfer through quantum coherence in photosynthetic systems. (2007) Nature 446: 782-786.
17. Gauger, E.M., Rieper, E., Morton, J.L., et al. Sustained quantum coherence and entanglement in the avian compass. (2011) Phys Rev Lett 106: 4.
18. Van der Velden, H.A. The number of quanta necessary for the per-ception of light in the human eye. (1946) Opthalmologica 111(6): 321-331.
19. Turin, L. A spectroscopic mechanism for primary olfactory recep-tion. (1996) Chem Senses 21(6): 773-791.
20. Brookes, J.C., Hartoutsiou, F., Horsfield, A.P., et al. Could humans recognize odor by phonon assisted tunneling? (2007) Phys Rev Lett 98(3): 038101.
21. Arndt, M., Juffinann, T., Vedral, V. Quantum physics meets biology. (2009) HFSP Journal 3: 386-400.
22. Stapp, H.P. Mindful Universe: Quantum Mechanics and the partici-pating observer. (2007) Springer, Heidelberg, New York.
23. Schrödinger, E. What is Life? (1944) Cambridge: Cambridge Uni-versity Press
24. Mir, B.A., Khazir, J., Mir, N.A., et al. Botanical, chemical and phar-macological review of Withania somnifera (Indian ginseng): an Ayurve-dic medicinal plant. (2012) Indian J Drugs Dis 1(6): 147-160.
25. Szarc vel Szic, K., Op de Beeck, K., Ratman, D., et al. Pharmaco-logical levels of Withaferin A (Withania somnifera) trigger clinically relevant anticancer effects specific to triple negative breast cancer cells. (2014) PLoS One 9: e87850.
26. Murashige, T., Skoog, F. A revised medium for rapid growth and bioassays with tobacco tissue cultures. (1962) Physiol Plant 15(3): 473- 497.
27. Amon, D.I. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts and polyphe-nol oxidase in Beta vulgaris. (1949) Plant Physiol 24(1): 1-15.
28. Moron, M.S., Depierre, J.W., Mannervik, B. Levels of glutathione, glutathione reductase and glutathione S-transferase activities in rat lung and liver. (1979) Biochim Biophys Acta 582(1): 67-78.
29. Kang, B.K., Chon, S.K., Kim, S.H., et al. Controlled release of pacl-itaxel from microemulsion containing PLGA and evaluation of anti-tu-mor activity in vitro and in vivo. (2004) Int J Pharm 286(1-2): 147–156.
30. Doyle, J.J., Doyle, J.L. Isolation of plant DNA from fresh tissue. (1990) Focus 12: 13-15.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Altekar, N., et al. Effect of Biofield Treatment on Plant Growth and Adaptation. (2015) J Environ Health Sci 1(2): 1- 9.