Mitochondria play an important role in the body, and its dysfunction lead to the defective cellular energy production results to heterogeneous group of disorders such as early aging, type-2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and many more metabolic diseases. The study was aimed to examine the effect of Consciousness Energy Healing based DMEM on myoblasts cells (C2C12) for mitochondrial mass content. The test item, DMEM was divided into three parts. First part did not receive any sort of treatment and defined as the untreated DMEM group. The second and third portions were treated with the one-time and two-times Biofield Energy Treatment by a renowned Biofield Energy Healer, Mahendra Kumar Trivedi and coded as the one-time Biofield Energy Treated DMEM (BT-I) and two-times Biofield Energy Treated DMEM (BT-II) groups, respectively. Cell viability of the test items by MTT assay showed more than 72% viable cells, which suggested that the test items were nontoxic and safe in nature. Moreover, the mitochondrial mass content in terms of fluorescence unit (FU) was significantly (p≤0.05) increased by 43.11% and 64.16% in the BT-I and BT-II groups, respectively in C2C12 cells compared to the untreated DMEM group. Overall, the experimental data suggested that two-times treated DMEM (BT-II) was found more significant improvement in mitochondrial mass content compared with the one-time treated DMEM (BT-I) group and results in better respiratory capacity. Thus, data envisaged that the Biofield Energy Treated DMEM has a potential to improve respiratory activity, which could be used against various metabolic diseases, such as insulin resistance, type-2 diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, etc.
1. Mishra P, Chan DC (2016) Metabolic regulation of mitochondrial dynamics. J Cell Biol 212(4): 379-387.
2. Jornayvaz FR, Shulman GI (2010) Regulation of mitochondrial biogenesis. Essays Biochem 47: 69-84.
3. Chan DC (2006) Mitochondria: Dynamic organelles in disease, aging, and development. Cell 125(7): 1241-1252.
4. Baker MJ, Frazier AE, Gulbis JM, Ryan MT (2007) Mitochondrial protein-import machinery: Correlating structure with function. Trends Cell Biol 17(9): 456-464.
5. Cantó C, Pich S, Paz JC, Sanches R, Martínez V, et al. (2007) Neuregulins increase mitochondrial oxidative capacity and insulin sensitivity in skeletal muscle cells. Diabetes 56(9): 2185-2193.
6. Nakashima-Kamimura N, Asoh S, Ishibashi Y, Mukai Y, Shidara Y, et al. (2005) MIDAS/GPP34, a nuclear gene product, regulates total mitochondrial mass in response to mitochondrial dysfunction. J Cell Sci 118(22): 5357-5367.
7. Rubik B (1995) Energy medicine and the unifying concept of information. Altern Ther Health Med 1(1): 34-39.
8. Warber SL, Cornelio D, Straughn J, Kile G (2004) Biofield energy healing from the inside. J Altern Complement Med 10(6): 1107-1113.
9. Rubik B (2002) The biofield hypothesis: Its biophysical basis and role in medicine. J Altern Complement Med 8(6): 703-717.
10. Trivedi MK, Tallapragada RM (2008) A transcendental to changing metal powder characteristics. Met Powder Rep 63(9): 22-28,31.
11. Trivedi MK, Nayak G, Patil S, Tallapragada RM, Latiyal O (2015) Studies of the atomic and crystalline characteristics of ceramic oxide nano powders after bio field treatment. Ind Eng Manage 4: 161.
12. Trivedi MK, Nayak G, Patil S, Tallapragada RM, Latiyal O, et al. (2015) Effect of biofield energy treatment on physical and structural properties of calcium carbide and praseodymium oxide. Int J Materials Sci App 4(6): 390-395.
13. Trivedi MK, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, Mondal SC, et al. (2015) Morphological characterization, quality, yield and DNA fingerprinting of biofield energy treated alphonso mango (Mangifera indica L.). J Food Nut Sci 3(6): 245-250.
14. Trivedi MK, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, Mondal SC, et al. (2015) Evaluation of biochemical marker – Glutathione and DNA fingerprinting of biofield energy treated Oryza sativa. Ame J Bio Science 3(6): 243-248.
15. Trivedi MK, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, Charan S, et al. (2015) Phenotyping and 16S rDNA analysis after biofield treatment on Citrobacter braakii: A urinary pathogen. J Clin Med Genom 3: 129.
16. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Mondal SC, Jana S (2015) Evaluation of biofield modality on viral load of Hepatitis B and C viruses. J Antivir Antiretrovir 7: 83-88.
17. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Mondal SC, Jana S (2015) An impact of biofield treatment: Antimycobacterial susceptibility potential using BACTEC 460/MGIT-TB System. Mycobact Dis 5: 189.
18. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Bairwa K, Jana S (2015) Phenotypic and biotypic characterization of Klebsiella oxytoca: An impact of biofield treatment. J Microb Biochem Technol 7: 202-205.
19. Nayak G, Altekar N (2015) Effect of biofield treatment on plant growth and adaptation. J Environ Health Sci 1(2): 1-9.
20. Branton A, Jana S (2017) The influence of energy of consciousness healing treatment on low bioavailable resveratrol in male Sprague Dawley rats. Int J Clin Develop Anat 3(3): 9-15.
21. Branton A, Jana S (2017) The use of novel and unique biofield energy healing treatment for the improvement of poorly bioavailable compound, berberine in male Sprague Dawley rats. Ame J Clini Experi Med 5(4): 138-144.
22. Branton A, Jana S (2017) Effect of The biofield energy healing treatment on the pharmacokinetics of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 [25(OH)D3] in rats after a single oral dose of vitamin D3. Ame J Pharmacology Phytotherapy 2(1): 11-18.
23. Kinney JP, Trivedi MK, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, et al. (2017) Overall skin health potential of the biofield energy healing based herbomineral formulation using various skin parameters. Ame J Life Sci 5(2): 65-74.
24. Singh J, Trivedi MK, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, et al. (2017) Consciousness energy healing treatment based herbomineral formulation: A safe and effective approach for skin health. Ame J Pharmacol Phytotherapy 2(1): 1-10.
25. Trivedi MK, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, Plikerd WD, et al. (2017) A Systematic study of the biofield energy healing treatment on physicochemical, thermal, structural, and behavioral properties of magnesium gluconate. Int J Bioorganic Chem 2(3): 135-145.
26. Trivedi MK, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, Plikerd WD, et al. (2017) Chromatographic and spectroscopic characterization of the consciousness energy healing treated Withania somnifera (ashwagandha) root extract. European J Biophysics 5(2): 38-47.
27. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Mondal SC, Jana S (2015) The potential impact of biofield treatment on human brain tumor cells: A time-lapse video microscopy. J Integr Oncol 4: 141.
28. Trivedi MK, Patil S, Shettigar H, Gangwar M, Jana S (2015) In vitro evaluation of biofield treatment on cancer biomarkers involved in endometrial and prostate cancer cell lines. J Cancer Sci Ther 7: 253-257.
29. Dahryn T, Snehasis J (2018) In vitro Assessment of biofield energy treated DMEM on thermogenesis using myoblasts cell line. 002 (C2C12). Int J Cell Sci & Mol Biol 5(3): 555-661.
30. Lee AC, Trivedi K, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, et al. (2018) The potential benefits of biofield energy treated vitamin D3 on bone mineralization in human bone osteosarcoma cells (MG-63). Int J Nut Food Sci 7(5): 30-38.
31. Stutheit ME, Trivedi K, Branton A, Trivedi D, Nayak G, et al. (2018) Biofield energy treated vitamin D3: Therapeutic implication on bone health using osteoblasts cells. Ame J Life Sci 6(1): 13-21.
32. Trivedi MK, RamaMohan TR (2016) Biofield energy signals, energy transmission and neutrinos. Ame J Modern Phy 5(6): 172-176.
33. Doherty E, Perl A (2017) Measurement of mitochondrial mass by flow cytometry during oxidative stress. React Oxyg Species (Apex). 4(10): 275-283.
34. Shey-Shing S, Dhananjaya NMW (2006) Targeting antioxidants to mitochondria: A new therapeutic direction. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1762(2): 256-265.
35. Valero T (2014) Mitochondrial biogenesis: Pharmacological approaches. Curr Pharm Des 20: 5507-5509.
36. Picard M, Taivassalo T, Gouspillou G, Hepple RT (2011) Mitochondria: Isolation, structure and function. J Physiol 589(18): 4413-4421.
37. Sanchis-Gomar F, García-Giménez JL, Gómez-Cabrera MC, Pallardó FV (2014) Mitochondrial biogenesis in health and disease. Molecular and therapeutic approaches. Curr Pharm Des 20(35): 5619-5633.
38. Handy DE, Loscalzo J (2012) Redox regulation of mitochondrial function. Antioxid Redox Signal 16(11): 1323-1367.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Trivedi MK and Jana S. Impact of Biofield Energy Treated DMEM on Mitochondrial Biogenesis Using Myoblast Cell Line, C2C12: Implications for Metabolic Disease. Int J Biochem Physiol 2019, 4(1): 000146.